News and Announcements
The end of the school year is coming fast. That thought is scary for many, but for football coaches and players its very exciting. We have all been waiting many months to have the opportunity to get back on the football field. That time is approaching. A month from Monday everything begins again for the 2016 season. Here are some important things:
1. We must get everyone registered for summer camp. Please reach out to me for Varsity, Jon Busch for sophomores, or Mike Bundalo for Freshmen if there is an issue paying, we will figure something out. Please use this link to register: https://register.lphs.org/summercamps/
2. The Gear Shop opens back up tomorrow. The company that we used was bought out. The product is the same and so is the pricing. It just looks different. The shop will open until Thursday 5/12 at midnight. For varsity and sophomore they are required to purchase the BLUE t-shirt that says We Are One and the gray shorts next to it. We need that for competitions this summer. Freshmen have no required gear. Please see the attached flyer.
3. In order to be eligible for next season students must pass 5 classes at the end of this semester. If they go to summer school they will become eligible again but miss a lot of football, and rightfully so. So make sure you understand that this will affect them. It would be best if their grades get up now!
4. For the Spring athletes competing I congratulate them, for those consistently lifting with us I am proud of them, for those inconsistently making workouts I am looking for them to improve, and for those doing nothing I am concerned for them. This will be a very difficult summer.
This is going to be a special football season. Stay tuned for our next parent planning meeting at the beginning of the summer.
The document Lake Park Football Gear May 2016 was attached to this post.
If you were unable to make our program meeting last night, here are links to the schedules.
Freshmen Calendar – https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0slqlAGJSt7M1Y2b2pqWkdnNzg/view?usp=sharing
Sophomore Calendar – https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0slqlAGJSt7UmdGTGlpMXpUS0E/view?usp=sharing
The LFBR Coaching Staff
I hope winter is treating all of you fine. It has been a pleasure the past months watching all of your sons play basketball, wrestle, start getting ready for track, and work out after school with the football coaches. I have not gotten to see the swimmers or the hockey players but I know they have been working. For those that have been doing nothing, we will talk about that later. (But to give you a quick message-that doesn’t work in our program. Those kids fall to the side and fail.) As winter sports come to an end and spring sports approaches it is always time for our FIRST FOOTBALL MEETING OF THE YEAR. The past years we have held a State of the Program Report for all parents and/or players that are playing next year. It’s time to update everyone on additional coaches, off season news, the opening of NEW Gear Shops, communication updates, and most importantly a SUMMER CALENDAR!! Access to our auditorium at LP is very difficult, especially trying to avoid nights that have basketball games and wrestling matches. Nearly impossible. So we have a picked a date and location:
Wednesday, February 17th, 2016
EAST CAMPUS Auditorium (West Campus is too busy to book)
The meeting will start at 7pm and should last about 45-60 minutes (including questions and time afterwards to talk to coaches)
To get together with our football family, talk about the summer/next season, and provide needed information.
If you are busy or the boys are busy send whoever can make it. If you know of people at Lake Park that will be coming out for football for the first time, please invite them to this meeting. If your son is an incoming freshman we have a limited list of emails provided by the youth football programs. PLEASE let anyone and everyone know about this meeting – even if they are not yet sure about football. It is an outstanding night to see what our program is about. 2016 will be a special season and this will be the first evening we get to talk about this. Look forward to seeing everyone that can make it. Please respond with any questions. Also, continue to follow us by joining our email site at www.lpfootball.org. If you join the site you will get all football updates. You can also follow the program @LPLFBR and myself @LPCoachRoll on TWITTER. Thank you!
Awards night for all levels will be this Thursday, November 12th at West Campus. Specific schedule and details are below:
5:30 – 6:15p
- Refreshments served in the student cafeteria
- Senior players and their parents line up outside of the auditorium for introductions
- Ceremony begins in the Auditorium
- Levels will split
Varsity will be in the Auditorium
Sophomores will be in Room 106
Freshmen will be in Room 103
The Awards Night Committee is still in need of supplies. If you are able to help, please use this link http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d49aea82ca5fb6-2015.
We hope to see everyone there.
The LFBR Coaching Staff
This week the LFBR heads south to face their rivals, the Glenbard North Panthers. The varsity teams will face off for the Stratford Cup, which was introduced last year. This week the LFBR varsity team will allow a friend to wear their jersey to the game to have added support for this important game. We hope all family, friends, and fans can make it to the LFBR games this weekend. Please see the specific game schedule below.
5:00pm – Sophomore team kickoff in the Glenbard North Stadium
7:30pm – Varsity kickoff in the Glenbard North Stadium
9:00am – Freshmen A team kickoff in the Glenbard North Stadium
10:30am – Freshmen B team kickoff in the Glenbard North Stadium
10:30am – JV team kickoff in the West Campus Stadium
The LFBR Coaching Staff